This building was once the general store and post office at the small resort built by J.O. Langford along the Rio Grande River. Built in the 1927, the resort was located near a natural hot spring along the northern bank of the river. It was rumored that the hot spring held healing powers so J.O charged 10 cents a day to allow people to take a bath in it.